(308) 381 1423 & 1-888-603-1423


Q. Would you like to thank GCC?

A. Did GCC go above and beyond in our service to you? Please use our Contact Us form if our staff helped you and we were courteous to you.

Q. Would you like to report a wrong phone number or address?

A. Are we calling you in error or sending someone else's bill to your address? We apologize for this error and hope that you will contact us with your current information. Please include the incorrect telephone number or address that GCC is using by mistake.

Q. Who is GCC?

A. General Collection Co. has been in business since 1959. The company was purchased by Mark Stelk in 1997. It is a family owned business located in Grand Island, Nebraska specializing in collecting health care, small business, utility and credit card collections.

Q. Why is GCC asking me to give my personal information?

A. GCC is prohibited by law in some instances with third parties and therefore we need to ask certain questions to ascertain we are talking to the correct person.

Q. Why did GCC show up on my credit report? How can I get GCC's name removed from my credit report?

A. If you find that your credit report has General Collection's name on it and believe it is in error, please contact us at 888-603-1423 or 308-381-1423 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and we will work with you to resolve  the issue and correct any inaccuracy reflected on your credit report.

Q. How do I correct wrong information on my credit report?

A. There are three major credit bureaus. You need to write them and tell them why you are disputing an item on your credit report. They will then verify your dispute and correct it, or if there is no response from the creditor, they can removed it from your report.

  • Equifax, P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374 -- Phone: 800-685-1111 or equifax.com
  • Experian, P.O. Box 949, Allen, TX 75013 -- Phone: 888-377-3742 or experian.com
  • TransUnion, P.O. Box 390, Springfield, PA 19064 -- Phone: 800-888-4213 or transunion.com

Q. How can I get a free credit report?

A. Free credit reports are available at annualcreditreport.com.

Q. Did you receive a call or a letter from us?

A. Please contact us about the bill you received. If you do not owe the bill you received, or have questions about the bill, please let us know. If you do owe the bill, let us know when payment can be expected. If you are unable to pay in full, please tell us why. Failure to contact us suggests that you are avoiding a debt. Whatever the reason for non-payment problems in the past, the matter can be resolved if you contact us.

Q. Can we help you?

A. While collecting past due accounts is our business, helping people solve their financial problems is our commitment. People on our staff are experienced in credit and collections, and are able to assist you. Simply contact us if you have any questions.

Q. Are there any up-front fees or sign-up charges?

A. NO. General Collection works on a contingency fee basis. We are paid only if we collect on your account(s). If we do not collect, no fee will be charged.

Q. Do you require a certain number of accounts to be placed?

A. You can place as low as one account with us for collection.

Q. Is there a limit on the dollar amount placed for collection?

A. No. We have no minimum amount we will collect.

Q. Do you accept legal accounts?

A. Yes. We have legal personnel to work with us in collecting a debt.

Q. What area do you collect in?

A. We have the ability to collect nationwide.

Q. How can we place accounts for collection?

A. You may fill out our online Collection Request Form or fax latest statement of account(s) to 308-381-0219, contact us online or call 308-381-1423.

Q. I'm a victim of identity theft - what should I do?

Identity theft happens when someone steals your personal information and uses it without your permission. It is a serious crime and can wreak havoc with your finances, credit history and reputation. You should alert the major credit bureaus to put a freeze on your credit report and make it more difficult for them to open accounts in your name. For more information, visit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft.

Q.How long do reports stay on my credit report?

  • Seven years from the date of delinquency
  • Ten years for bankruptcy
  • Seven years for tax lien

Q. What is Bankruptcy?

Bankruptcy is a status of a person or other entity that cannot repay their debts to creditors and is filed in Federal Court in the United States.

There are six types of bankruptcy:

  • Chapter 7 – basic liquidation for individual and business.
  • Chapter 9 – municipal bankruptcy.
  • Chapter 11 – Primarily for business debtors, or sometimes by individuals with substantial debts or assets.
  • Chapter 12 – For family farmers and fishermen.
  • Chapter 13 – Allows debtors to pay part of their debt with a payment plan, for individuals with a regular source of income.
  • Chapter 15 – ancillary and other international cases; provides a mechanism for debtors with bankruptcy debtors and helps foreign debtors to clear debt.

Q.How often can a person or other entity file bankruptcy?

A person or other entity can file bankruptcy every (8) eight years for Chapter 7 and (3) three years for Chapter 13.

Q. What are Statute of Limitations?

Statute of Limitations in Nebraska are laws that set time limits on how long a creditor has to file a civil lawsuit. In Nebraska the Statute of Limitations on an open account is four years, five years for written contracts.

Statute of Limitations on a judgment is 15 years. It can be reviewed by doing a legal action such as garnishment, execution or debtor exam. This action must be done every (5) five years.

This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt.  Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.