Our President, Mark Stelk, purchased General Collection Company in 1997, after spending 17 years in the banking industry. Mark has watched his business triple in volume, and the size of his staff increase from 8 to 43. A Grand Island native, he and his wife, Wanda, have three grown children and eight grandchildren.
- Member of First Presbyterian Church, serving on the Finance Committee
- Grand Island City Councilman
- Sunrise Rotary Member Board of Directors
- Hall County Independent Business Association
- Downtown Improvement Association Board of Directors
- City of Grand Island Review Committee
- Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska Foundation Board of Directors
- Heartland CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Board of Directors
Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Wanda Stelk
Dr. Wanda Stelk, EdD, joined the staff of General Collection as a personal assistant to Mark in 2014 after retiring from 35 years of teaching. She holds a BS in Education, MS in Middle School Math, and an EdD in educational studies.
- Member of First Presbyterian Church, serving as an Elder and Faith Formation Director
- Tutors students ages Pre-Kindergarten-High School
- Hall County Animal Control Board
Gail began her career at General Collection Company in 1997 a few months prior to the sale of the company to Mark. She began as a collector and increased her role to include supervision of the collector and caller department. She is now the Office Manager. She served several terms as a member of the Nebraska Collection Agency Licensing Board.