General Collection's Mission
Our primary mission is to collect money in a professional and ethical way in compliance at all times with the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practice Act).
We value honest principles.
- Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Apply the highest standards of excellence to the delivery of our services in a lawful manner.
- Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all the time.
- Contribute positively to our community and our environment.
- Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.
General Collection Co. has been in business since 1959 and is a family-owned business located in Grand Island Nebraska. We specialize in healthcare, financial services, utility, credit card, and small business collections. It was purchased by Mark Stelk in 1997.
Our workforce encompasses 38 people, including in-house legal personnel. We put our 100-plus years of combined experience to work for clients throughout the nation, including businesses, banks, hospitals and health care providers.
General Collection was recently recognized as a Bronze Accredited Business from the Better Business Bureau for our commitment to honest and ethical business practices over the past ten years.
Our full-service debt collection agency is only one of two in Nebraska certified by The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals (ACSTM International), an organization that demands the highest degree of ethical practices.
General Collection is a part of many committed organizations.